A three-day clinical training
Receive up to 21 CE hours
Now featuring new clinical films and interventions
Deepen your understanding of Gottman Method Couples Therapy… Expand your strategies & interventions with couples!
- View new demonstration films from the Gottmans’ clinical office
- Refine your clinical skills and expand your strategies and interventions in your work with couples
- Learn to internalize and integrate the powerful, research-based Gottman Method Assessment and Intervention techniques
- Gain insight as to when to use these methods and when couples therapy is contraindicated
- Gain confidence in using the techniques
Participants will be able to:
- Assess a couple’s “Friendship Profile,” “Conflict Profile,” and “Shared Meanings Profile”
- Develop interventions that couples can use as antidotes to the “Four Horsemen”
- Help couples to soothe physiological flooding
- Apply six modes of changing the “Attack/Defend System” in a couple’s interactions
- Assist couples in establishing dialogue about their gridlocked conflicts
- Select and implement interventions to help couples deepen their “Friendship System” with rituals of connection
- Select and implement interventions to help couples create a shared system of values and meaning
- Identify and implement five different co-morbidities common to couples using Gottman Assessments and Interventions
Who is this workshop for?
Participants working in the following fields who have completed the Level 1 Clinical Training will benefit from the Level 2 Clinical Training: Mental health providers, Allied professionals and clergy, Students and interns, Family clinic staff, Professors/teachers of couples therapy, Researchers in the social sciences, and Employee assistance professionals.
CE Credits are optional and are purchased at the time of registration through our payment page. The following certificate fee applies:
Level 2 – 20 CE’s – $39.99
Program Content Provided by the Gottman Institute.
Continuing Education Credits Provided by CMI Educational Institute, Inc.
COUNSELORS: Credit requirements and approvals vary per state board regulations. Please save the course outline, the certificate of completion you receive from the activity and contact your state board or organization to determine specific filing requirements.
SOCIAL WORKERS: PESI, Inc. Provider #:1062, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), www.aswb.org through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) Program. PESI, Inc. maintains responsibility for the program. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval for continuing education hours.
PSYCHOLOGISTS: PESI, Inc. is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. PESI maintains responsibility for these programs and its content. No partial credit will be offered for partial attendance per APA guidelines.
MARRIAGE & FAMILY THERAPISTS: Many states do not require pre-approval of continuing education offerings. Additionally many states accept courses that are offered by APA, ASWB, and NBCC approved providers. Please check with your licensing board to determine your specific requirements.
Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
Participants must attend the entire seminar and complete an evaluation to receive a certificate. Failure to sign in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available.
Please let us know how we can serve you. If you require ADA accommodations please contact our office 30 days or more before the event.
If you would be interested in participating in or sponsoring a Level 2 Clinical Training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy in your organization, please contact Michael Brown at 904.289.2954 or via the contact form on the right.