A three-day clinical training
Receive up to 21 CE hours
Now featuring new clinical films and interventions
Deepen your understanding of Gottman Method Couples Therapy… Expand your strategies & interventions with couples!
- View new demonstration films from the Gottmans’ clinical office
- Refine your clinical skills and expand your strategies and interventions in your work with couples
- Learn to internalize and integrate the powerful, research-based Gottman Method Assessment and Intervention techniques
- Gain insight as to when to use these methods and when couples therapy is contraindicated
- Gain confidence in using the techniques
Participants will be able to:
- Assess a couple’s “Friendship Profile,” “Conflict Profile,” and “Shared Meanings Profile”
- Develop interventions that couples can use as antidotes to the “Four Horsemen”
- Help couples to soothe physiological flooding
- Apply six modes of changing the “Attack/Defend System” in a couple’s interactions
- Assist couples in establishing a dialogue about their gridlocked conflicts
- Select and implement interventions to help couples deepen their “Friendship System” with rituals of connection
- Select and implement interventions to help couples create a shared system of values and meaning
- Identify and implement five different co-morbidities common to couples using Gottman Assessments and Interventions
Who is this workshop for?
Participants working in the following fields who have completed the Level 1 Clinical Training will benefit from the Level 2 Clinical Training: Mental health providers, Allied professionals and clergy, Students and interns, Family clinic staff, Professors/teachers of couples therapy, Researchers in the social sciences, and Employee assistance professionals.
CE Credits are optional and are purchased prior to the training through National Marriage Seminars. The following certificate fee applies:
Level 2 – 20 CE’s – $39.99
Program Content Provided by the Gottman Institute.
Continuing Education Credits Provided by National Marriage Seminars.
Participants must attend the entire seminar and complete an evaluation to receive a certificate. Failure to sign in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available.
Please let us know how we can serve you. If you require ADA accommodations please contact our office 30 days or more before the event.
If you would be interested in participating in or sponsoring a Level 2 Clinical Training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy in your organization, please contact Michael Brown at 904.289.2954 or via the contact form on the right.